I have only been blogging since just before Christmas and have often seen these award things floating around. They seem to be a really good way of getting to discover other blogs so I am very happy to have been tagged in a couple. Thank you to The Royal Reader and Book Review Becca for nominating me.
- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
Firstly; here are the answers to Becca’s questions:
If you could be best friends with any fictional character, who would it be and why?
- What is the first book or series that made you love reading?
I remember being fascinated by the ‘Goosebumps’ series by R.L Stine as a kid. The cover art was always wonderful and stories were long enough to tell a good story but not too long as to bore a child.
- If you could go to one fictional place for a single day, where would you go?
The world in the ‘Caverns and Creatures’ series by Robert Bevan. It is his book’s version of Dungeons and Dragons and the characters end up being transported there and getting turned into their gaming characters. Funniest series I have ever read. Would love to be a knight in that world!
- What is your favorite TV series that is based on book or series?
Probably Sherlock. More the earlier series than the later one.
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
The complete Sherlock Holmes Collection
- What made you decide to start blogging?
Not many people I know enjoy reading, so this is a good way to interact with other readers. Plus I really enjoy reading other peoples’ opinions on books that I have read. Makes you see certain titles from so many different standpoints.
- If you could interview any author, living or dead, who would you choose?
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- If you could turn any book into a movie, who would you pick to direct it?
I am going to be incredibly selfish and say I would turn my own book into a movie. I have such idea for the characters and would love to see them on the big screen. Seeing as how it was my first book, I would like a debut director to direct it … just with a big budget haha
- Who would be your dream cast for this movie?
Again, I would prefer predominantly unknowns. I would also love a role in it. Done a bit of acting in my time and have acted out conversations, mannerisms from it before. I’d be a shoe in 😛
- Would you name a pet after a fictional character?
Yes. If I ever get a larger breed dog, I will name it Nighteyes after the wolf in the Farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb.
- Do you like to write outside of blogging?
Yea, I am an author outside of blogging. Just trying to find an agent after the publisher I was with sadly went bankrupt. Writing all sorts of books in the meantime until I eventually find one.
And here are the answers to the Royal Reader’s questions:
- Let’s start with an easy one: night owl or early bird
Not so easy as you might think. I am both. I get up at around half 06:30 and go to bed at around 23:00.
- If you could visit one fictional land/world, which would it be and why? (e.g. Narnia, Wonderland, etc)
As mentioned in the above questions: the world in the Caverns and Creatures series.
- What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever travelled to?
Norway. It was breath taking. So many beautiful waterfalls, mountains and even a tropical garden on a small island. Would love to see Sweden as well.
- If you were president for a day, what one thing would you implement?
I would implement the future presidency rule. That is a rule that all future presidential candidates are not allowed to run for office without my approval. Sadly, with my being English rather than American, I will never become president and, as such, the world will forever be bereft of my awesome leadership qualities (which include my faultless modesty and overall humble nature …)
- Which song and/or movie reminds you most of your childhood?
For songs it would probably be the Pokémon theme tune or the theme to the Halo videogame. Movie would be Jurassic Park. First film I saw at the cinema. Fell asleep midway through due to having had one heck of a long day.
- Would you rather be able to only watch movies or listen to music for the rest of your life? (must be one or the other)
I would miss Elvis Presley too much if I were to give up music … saying that, I could cheat and watch his movies as some of his songs from those are some of my favourites. Wooden Heart, for one.
- What’s one super interesting fact about you? (hobby, hidden talent, etc.)
I’m trained as a professional wrestler.
- If you had the option to travel to space, would you do it? Why/why not?
Yes. I am too curious by nature. I would want to experience it.
- Do you believe in the supernatural/paranormal? If no, why? If yes, any stories?
I do believe. Have experienced numerous things and have gone on a fair few ghost hunts (both with people and on my own). Too many things to mention without making an already long post even longer. So, if interested, feel free to get in touch via the contact form.
- What would your ideal day out be a) with friends, and b) by yourself?
Good friends, good food, good wine. Saying that, some of my most enjoyable days have been a solo gym session followed by an hour in the steam room and sauna. I am equally happy with or without company.
- And finally, if you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
Stop staying in bed until 3 in the afternoon when you aren’t at school. Try harder. For those who desire perfection, there can be no rest this side of the grave.
ps the two girls you really liked (one at school and one at college) liked you. Stop being such a pussy and ask them out as they will have kids by the time you realised they liked you. God, you’re such a pussy. The reason I’m single and ranting at my past self is because you’re such a pussy.
Right, now for my eleven questions:
- What is the one food you could not live without?
- If you could marry one person, living or dead, famous or not, fictional or not, who would it be? You may vote for me if you positively can’t help yourself … I joke!
- Where would you go on your honeymoon?
- Where in the world are you from?
- If you could ensure that everyone read one book of your choice, which book would it be and why?
- If your life was pre-written and free will did not exist, what author would you chose to pen your life and why?
- What is your favourite genre (books)?
- What is your favourite book that you have discovered through blogging? This could be from a fellow blogger’s review, a free review copy etc …
- If you were to sit down and write a book, what kind of book it would be?
- What did you want to be when you grew up and how has reality changed from your dream?
- How long have you been blogging?
My eleven nominations for the Liebster Award: